SGLPH has been developed to build a platform for us, the students, the future leaders of the
world, to express our opinions and views about world affairs, connect with students across the globe to promote a better understanding of
various cultures and become messengers of love, peace, and harmony around the world.
It is very clear from the vast problems in the world such as poverty, pollution, corruption,
illiteracy, terrorism that efforts made by adults in this direction might not be sufficient to yield positive results. As of now, they have
failed to unite the world and bring sanity to humanity as a whole.
We believe that maybe, we the students, can do this challenging but crucial job by engaging in an
open and unbiased dialog amongst ourselves and put across our views, plans, and strategies in front of adults to give them an alternate
perspective to solving global issues. Hopefully, by nurturing these social values and taking more responsibilities, we will grow up into a
socially-responsible and more importantly, an understanding generation.
What makes SGLPH different?
This website is unique in itself unlike other social cause websites which are run by various non-profit organizations. We will never ask for
any donations or any financial assistance. We do welcome sponsors who can help the students in their local regions to spread the message of Love,
Peace, and Harmony. For more information, please visit the SPONSORS tab. Furthermore, this website is entirely operated by students. Currently it is managed by Prof. Sham Tickoo of Purdue Northwest, USA and his team. You can contact Prof.
Tickoo via email,
SGLPH is more than just giving back and helping others:
- It provides enriching experiences, through interactive programs, projects, and games to empower students.
- It opens the doors of philanthropy to students who want to help, but are unsure what to do.
- It enables students to make a difference.
- It will help in developing character strengths and life skills of students.
- It will develop communication, compassion, courage, independence, empathy, gratitude and many other important traits of students which
will help them to relate to other people as well as themselves in healthy ways.